Actors need actions. They cannot act moods.
They need to be doing something with every line.
That’s where Actions: The Actors’ Thesaurus,
It is a thesaurus of active verbs with which the actor can
refine their acting choice until they hit exactly the right
action to help make each line come alive.
Who is it for?
Actions: The Actors’ Thesaurus,
is for actors of all kinds:
- established professionals and beginners alike
- students or amateur actors
- those with training and those without
It can also be useful for:
- music theatre performers
- actors wrestling with audition speeches
- those who have to breathe life into a one-dimensional
television or radio commercial
- those who have been performing a play for months and
need to reinvigorate their performance
It can also be used by academic students of drama to
deconstruct a script for its sub-textual dynamic.